In this day and age of modern medicine, one thing seems to get left behind in terms of cures. Stretch marks have been torturing humans since time immemorial and you would think that someone at some time managed to find a way through them somehow. But unfortunately until now there is still no definite way of dealing with them.
Certainly there are no shortages of purported cure-all that cash in on this problem but their veracity is somewhat always in question. So why not try the natural methods of stretch mark removal as they pose relatively no harm to our bodies, as opposed to the industrially manufactured ones that may contain substances which may prove damaging to us?
Here are several natural ways of answering the question of how to remove stretch marks, who knows, you might find one that ultimately works for you.
Natural Methods of Stretch Mark Removal
- Potato Juice – Potatoes are super foods that contain many vitamins and minerals like Vitamin C, B Vitamins and anti-oxidants amongst other things. They also contain substances which promotes collagen renewal and elastin production in the skin which is really what we are after when curing stretch marks.
- Clean and peel potatoes.
- Cut potatoes according to desired sizes making sure it will fit in your hands properly
- Rub potatoes in stretch mark area and leave for 20 to 30 minutes
- Rinse with lukewarm water after application
- Repeat every day until desired results are obtained
- Lemon Juice – Lemons contains acids that promotes skin healing and also alpha hydroxyl acids as a bleaching agent which removes dead skin cells from stretch marks, thereby promoting the growing of new skin cells in the area of concern.
- Wash lemon and cut in half
- Gently rub the exposed side of the lemon unto the skin with stretch marks thoroughly
- Do for 10 to 20 minutes each day until desired results are obtained
- Wash with water afterwards
- Aloe Vera – Aloe Vera contains plant collagen which is used to cure burns in human skin as well as treat stretch marks, particularly stretch marks on breasts, and other skin conditions.
- Cut and wash a leaf from an Aloe Vera plant
- Remove outer leaf covering to expose the gelatinous insides of the leaf
- Rub directly into the skin with stretch marks
- Wash area thoroughly after application
- Or you can create a mixture of Aloe Vera gel and vitamin C, rub into skin until fully absorbed
- Repeat Daily
- Egg Whites – Egg whites are another kind of super food that they contain 40 different kinds of proteins as well as many vitamins and minerals needed by the body. They are also very rich sources of collagen which our skin needs to regenerate itself.
- Separate the egg whites from the yolk and beat thoroughly until you form a sort of slurry with it
- Apply on skin with stretch marks and leave on for 20 minutes
- Rinse thoroughly after use
- Repeat every other day or until desired results are obtained
Published: December 16, 2014